Friday, March 12, 2010

You learn a new thing every day

What a true statement - especially when you see at least one new house everyday!

I have an extremely good friend.  She is talented, gifted and everyone knows her for her love of Eichler homes.  Well today I went looking for her baby Eichler!

On Broker Tour I saw my first of no doubt many Mackay homes that will come on the market.  

They too represent California Modern with a clean mid century design.  A home that invites the outdoors in with sun-filled atriums, sky lights, open floor plans and ceiling to floor windows.  These homes were also constructed in the early 1940s and 1950s. 

The home I saw today was in the Monta Loma area and is the perfect place for my dear friend - a modern neighbourhood with an old fashioned sense of community!

I found this very interesting article about Mackay homes and Eichler homes 

As well as this interesting Blog called "If it is here it's hip"

Do you live in a Mackay or Eichler home?  How much do you love it?


 Cheers

- Stella Abraham, REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Los Altos
95 1st Street,
Los Altos, CA 94022
Share

6 comments:

  1. We love living in our Eichler home, great people, great community. Wouldn't trade it for anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stella,

    We've been in our Eichler for over 10 years now and I would not trade it for any home. I also have a good friend who lives in a Mackay in Monta Loma. A wonderful neighborhood as you said. And the untrained home looks as Eichlers and Mackays as one and the same. A great legacy from the mid-century visionaries who build these wonderful homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we were looking for a house, we 'accidentally' found out about Eichlers. I wouldn't buy anything else! I love the openness and the light. We found also other Eichler owners are like us. We have some great neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love our Eichler! We 'accidentally' found out about them when we were looking for a house. I wouldn't get anything else. I love the light and the openness. We found other Eichler owners are like us. We have some great neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just looking for info on MacKay homes and came across your post. Here is a link to MacKay flyers via the "Woodlands" neighborhood association in Walnut Creek: http://www.woodlandsassn.org/index.php?option=com_imagebrowser&view=gallery&Itemid=88

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments - I just love these homes as well.
    I throughly enjoyed looking through the old brochure for the Mackay Homes - Thank you Pete MacKay - are you related?!
    Not much has changed with the brochures.....except the price!!

    ReplyDelete